Things are heating up in Arizona and summer is officially here! We have just the thing to cool you off. Print out this coupon and bring it in or head on over to our online store at www.cleatssports.com and get the gear and equipment that will give you the edge.
We are growing at Cleats Sports again and it’s all because of you! We want you to know we listened and we heard! Many of you reached out and shared how much you miss being able to shop baseball and football equipment and apparel online.
We are happy to announce that Cleats Sports Online is expanding their Cleats Fastpitch website. You will now be able to shop fastpitch, softball, baseball and football on our online store.
Thank you to all of our valued customers. We grateful for you and look forward to continuing to provide excellent customer service and great sports equipment and apparel at a great value!
Are you getting ready for Try-Outs this season? We found a great checklist from High School Baseball Web and sharing a few below to help you be ready for success.
- Grab your Bat Bag and Clean It Out.
- Make sure your Glove is ready to go and conditioned.
- Check to make sure you have the basics ready – socks, cleats, batting gloves, baseball bat, baseballs, etc.
- Remember, persistence is more important than talent
- Respect the game as much as you want to be respected
- Practice hard because you play the way you practice
- It doesn’t take any talent to hustle
- Be a student in baseball. Learn the game – Study the history of baseball
- Agree to let your coaches train you
- Set high standards along with knowing the steps to attain them
- Don’t tell people what you are worth, prove it to them
- It is your coach’s opinion of you that counts. He makes out the lineup. Fail to understand this point and you will soon be out of the game
- Be passionate about your teammates
- Love the game
- Body language screams. It never whispers
- Balance makes champions. If you focus on hitting and ignore the defensive part of your game you will never be a complete player
- Be as diligent on defense as you are on offense
- Defense wins more games than offense
- Games are lost not won. Mistakes lead to losses
- Work on your game every day of the year.
- Who you are today is a result of who you were in the past. Fill your past with smart work and good deeds and you will maximize your potential
- You don’t have to be a great athlete to be a good baseball player
Show off your talent to your current coach and your future coach by doing the following: (ALL THE TIME)
- When you jog to warm up finish first.
- When you stretch do it best.
- When you play catch, throw to a target and hit it every time.
- When you play catch, catch the ball or block the bad throw and keep it in front of you every time.
- When you are doing a drill, do it perfect, every time.
- Go hard all the time. Never walk on a baseball practice field.
- As a batter/runner run to first as though it matters that you are safe.
- Know the situation on defense and do the right thing.
- Baseball reveals character it doesn’t build it.
- Character means doing the right thing when nobody’s watching
Still need to get some training tools for practice or get your gear ready? Stop into Cleats Sports in Glendale, Arizona for your baseball, softball and fastpitch needs.
In December Cleats Sports launched a community effort to raise 300 pounds of non-perishable food for St. Mary’s Food Bank to help feed the hungry in the local community.
St. Mary’s Food Banks mission is to alleviate hunger through the gathering and distribution of food while encouraging self-sufficiency, collaboration, advocacy and education.
As a local owned business in Glendale, Arizona we wanted to help support St. Mary’s Food Bank and give back to our immediate community. St. Mary’s serves two-thirds of Arizona’s 15 counties, the organization is committed to volunteerism, building community relationships and improving the quality of life for Arizonans in need.
According to latest USDA Report, in Arizona, 24.2% of children under 18 are food insecure, the 3rd highest rate in the country. That translates to 1 in 5 children going to bed hungry every night.
We are proud to report that we exceeded our goal of 300lbs. In fact we more than doubled it! Together as a community effort we raised 669lbs for St. Mary’s Food Bank.
Thank you again for joining us in our efforts to make sure our community members don’t go hungry.
Our Community means everything to us and we want to give back and pay it forward.
To do that we need your help! We are having a Food Drive with St. Mary’s Food Bank this month. Our goal is to raise at least 300 LBS of food! Will you help us?
It is really easy to get involved and we will even reward you for it! For every two non-perishable items you bring in, you will get 20% OFF one item.
No one should go hungry! Please join us as we give back to the community and pay it forward!
Here is how it works…
Stop by Cleats Sports and donate 2 Non-Perishable Items. For each 2 Non-Perishable Items you will receive 20% OFF one item.
If you have 2 Items, bring in 4 Non Perishable Items to receive 20% OFF each item.
If you have 4 Items you would like to purchase, bring in 8 Non Perishable Items to receive 20% OFF each of the 4 Items.
Of Course, this goes without saying… You’re welcome to Donate as many perishable items as you would like and you are not required to purchase anything.
Top Ten Most Wanted Items
- Canned Fruit and Vegetables
- Canned Soups, Stews and Chili
- Peanut Butter
- Rice and
- Tuna (canned or vacuumed packed)
Congratulations to Tricia Curthoys of AZ Grizzlies Baseball Club 12U!!!!
Thank you to everyone for submitting your pictures, we loved them!
Ever wonder how baseballs are made? Whether or not you are a baseball fan, this is pretty interesting! Did you know that each major league baseball team uses around 100,000 baseballs each year! Check out this episode of the Discovery Channel’s “How It’s Made” television series and find out how they do it!
Cleats Sports is celebrating and full of joy, Coby Cress, the son of the family owned business has been named to the Capital One Academic All-America College Division Baseball Team. Cress, was named to this year’s first team after receiving the same honor last year as a member of the third team.
The prestigious award is sponsored by Capital One Financial Corporation, the competitive award is administered by the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA), and is given to only 33 college division recipients each year. Since the beginning in 1952, CoSIDA has bestowed academic All-America honors on more than 14,000 student athletes in the NAIA and NCAA championship sports.
On the field, Cress hit .368 for the Warriors in 2012, driving in 39 RBIs while powering out seven home runs. As a senior captain, Cress helped lead the Warriors to a 24-27-1 record and their first postseason appearance in 15 years. Westmont went 2-2 in the Golden State Athletic Conference playoffs reaching the ninth game in the double-elimination tournament.
In the classroom, Cress earned a 3.95 GPA as an economics and business major. He was also named the Westmont Golden Eagle Award recipient for baseball, which recognizes athletes for their accomplishments athletically, academically, spiritually and socially. Cress is also a two-time NAIA Scholar-Athlete and a three-time GSAC Scholar-Athlete.
Over his three-year playing career at Westmont, Cress posted a batting average of .339, eleventh best in Warrior history. His 96 runs scored ranks at number seven and 181 hits ranks at number six.
To read or learn more visit www.westmont.edu
Big shout and congratulations to Sam Rasmussen for winning the “Where did you wear your Cleats Tee” Contest! Sam won a $100 Gift Certificate to Cleats Sports! WOOHOO!
All the runner ups also received a %15 OFF Coupon to use on their next purchase, just for participating!
Don’t forget to keep posting because we are continuing the fun through the rest of the summer and will be announcing another $100 Gift Certificate Winner at the end of August! So, wear your Cleats Tee, take a pic and post them on our Facebook page or send them to us and we will post them for you!